Now that summer has officially come to an end and as winter weather draws closer, it’s the ideal time to perform some routine maintenance for your BC roof. These small and simple tasks can prevent costly damage from harsh winter storms. Use the following checklist to ensure your roof is ready!
General BC Roof Maintenance
• Check for any signs of damage to roofing material.
• Repair or replace missing shingles or tiles.
• Repair or replace missing flashing.
• Check around vents, skylights and chimneys to ensure seals are intact.
• If you have a chimney, have it inspected and cleaned, if necessary, to prevent dangerous chimney and roof fires.
• Trim back tree branches that are growing too close to your roof so there is 3-4 feet of clearance.
Clean Gutters & Downspouts
• Remove debris that might have accumulated on your roof since the last maintenance checkup.
• Clean gutters and downspouts to prevent build up of leaves and other debris. This may need to be done more than once during the fall months.
• Ensure that water is flowing properly through the guttering system and away from the foundation of your home.
• Be sure attic vents in the eaves are not covered by insulation to allow proper ventilation.
• Clear debris away from ridge and soffit vents.
• Keep out unwanted guests with bird and rodent screens on attic vents.
If you would rather not deal with the hassle of fall roof maintenance, Crown Residential Roofing can assist you with comprehensive roof inspections and professional repairs. We’ve satisfied thousands of homeowners in Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby and throughout southern British Columbia. Call us today at (877) 907-3066.