Your roof should be in perfect condition so that it performs well regardless of the weather. From time to time, though, problems arise. When an issue occurs, address it immediately so you can save your roof from more extensive damage.
When spring flowers are in bloom and the birds are chirping, it’s time for a semi-annual inspection to see how your BC roof fared over the winter. Crown Residential Roofing offers a thorough multi-point inspection process to fully evaluate the condition of your home’s roof. Our inspector will begin by examining the base structure of your home for any evidence of leakage, followed by the perimeter. Next, he will carefully climb onto your roof and perform a visual inspection, paying special attention to potential trouble spots. Here are some items he’ll be on the lookout for:
• Missing or loose asphalt shingles
• Missing or cracked roof tiles
• Excessively worn shingles
• Damaged or missing roof vents
• Damage from hail, lightning or low-hanging branches
• Loose, cracked or missing flashing
• Stained or rotting fascia or soffit
• Leaking or clogged gutter systems
Once the process is finished, the inspector will complete a written report detailing his findings, along with photographs and a recommendation for repairs, if necessary. A complete roof inspection by a qualified BC roof expert will give you peace of mind knowing the exact condition of your roof and, when necessary, an estimate for roof repair. To schedule a FREE inspection for your roof, please call Crown Residential Roofing at (877) 907-3066. We look forward to serving your needs.
Spring storms are often accompanied by one of the most dreaded forms of precipitation – hail. In addition to battering plants and vehicles, hail can cause serious damage to asphalt roofing in BC. The damage caused by hail can be aesthetic, where there’s some granule loss but the integrity of the shingle is not compromised, or functional, characterized by significant granule loss, cracking or puncturing of the shingle. In the case of functional damage, leakage and a shortened life expectancy of the roof may result.
It’s important to have a roofing professional examine roofing material following a hailstorm because hail damage can be difficult to detect. According to the Canadian Asphalt Shingle Manufacturers Association (CASMA), there are several factors that impact how roofing shingles are affected by hail.
1. Size and density of hailstones. Large, heavy stones will cause more serious damage.
2. Shingle age. Because asphalt within a shingle hardens and becomes more brittle with age, older shingles can’t absorb impact energy as well and are more susceptible to damage.
3. Angle of hail impact. Hail which strikes at a 90° angle is more likely to cause shingle fractures, while hail that strikes the roof at another angle is more likely to result in spots of granule loss.
4. Temperature. Fractures are more likely in colder temperatures as the asphalt will be more brittle than in warmer weather.
5. Roof deck conditions. Solid roof decks on moderately spaced trusses offer better support to the shingle surface in resisting hail damage. Shingles on rotted or flimsy decking can be more easily fractured.
Should your roofing in BC get hit by a hailstorm, call the professionals at Crown Residential Roofing at (877) 907-3066 to schedule a free, no-obligation roof inspection.
Crown Residential Roofing provides dependable Vancouver roof repair and replacement services for homeowners throughout southern British Columbia. Over the 110 years that we’ve been in business, we’ve perfected the estimation process so that our prospective customers know exactly what services they will receive, how much it will cost, when the work will be completed, and applicable warranty options. When you schedule an estimate with us, here’s what you can expect:
1. In-home consultation. Our estimator will schedule a convenient time to meet with you at your home, and show up on time. Please allow an hour or so for him to go over the problems you are experiencing, and properly evaluate your roof system. Not only will he get on top of your roof, he’ll also need to go inside your attic and take a look at your roof system from below.
2. Detailed estimate. Once he performs a complete inspection, the estimator will then head back to the office and prepare a detailed proposal that accurately solves your problems.
3. Follow-up appointment. He will then schedule another appointment to come back and review the prepared estimate with you, providing samples, references and warranty options.
At Crown Residential Roofing, your complete and total satisfaction is our #1 priority. To schedule a comprehensive in-home estimate, please call (877) 907-3066 or fill out the Request Estimate form on our website. We look forward to meeting with you!
BC roofing leaks and other types of damage are rarely expected, and homeowners often find themselves not knowing where to turn when a ceiling is dripping, or after a coastal storm rips a hole in their roof. In the event of storm damage or catastrophic roof failure, Crown Residential Roofing maintains an Emergency Response Team to provide rapid solutions to critical Vancouver roofing problems.
Our team offers 24-hour emergency roofing services for all types of property owners to provide an immediate response and to minimize potential damage. Within hours, a Crown crew can assess roofing damage and provide the services necessary to keep your home or building protected. We have experience with a wide range of emergency roof repair situations, including:
• Storm and fire damage. The incredible power of Mother Nature is often unleashed on rooftops. Huge gusts of wind, hard-driving rains, hail and lightning can add up to one harsh reality: roof damage in the form of torn shingles, broken tiles, stripped roofing and fallen debris.
• Reroofing. Storms and other disasters often damage a roof beyond repair, leaving the home or office unfit for use until appropriate repairs are made. A speedy replacement prevents further damage when disaster or age has compromised the ability of your roof to perform its essential functions.
• Roof leaks. Leaks can be a homeowner’s worst nightmare as they quietly cause widespread and costly damage to a home. The source must be pinpointed and patched up quickly before more damage is done.
The first priority of our team of experienced Vancouver roofers is to prevent further damage by initiating temporary repairs. Once the storm has passed, we’ll return to assess the situation and recommend more permanent repairs or replacement. For emergency evaluation and repair of your BC roofing, call Crown Residential Roofing at (877) 907-3066.