Roofs are constantly exposed to outside conditions, so it’s normal for them to develop some problems as they age. What’s important is that these problems should be addressed properly and in a timely manner.
The following are some of the most common reasons for residential roofing problems and what should be done to prevent them.
- Lack of maintenance: Keeping a regular roofing maintenance schedule is the best thing that you can do for your roof. We can say from experience that preventive maintenance forestalls most known roofing problems. The keyword here is preventive. Addressing a roofing problem in its infancy helps prevent it from becoming a bigger problem. Of course, you also save money since minor repairs tend to cost a lot less. We can help you come up with a comprehensive maintenance plan that works best with your own roof.
- Improper repairs: There are many reasons that doing unauthorized repairs is a bad idea. They’re never a long-term solution, they could make the problem worse, and they could void your roofing warranty. This is why you should always turn to professionals when it comes to roofing care. In addition to by-appointment roof repair, we also have an emergency response team that provides rapid solutions to critical situations.
- Wear and tear: All roofs are subject to wear and tear. While preventive maintenance helps address problems related to this issue, you should also consider switching to a different material if your roof is up for replacement. Materials like metal, slate and tile are less susceptible to wear and tear, and last about twice as long as asphalt shingle roofs.
- Wind damage: The roof edges are vulnerable to strong winds and should be the first thing you should inspect after a storm. Timely repairs are, again, the ideal solution. If you happen to be in an area that endures consistent high winds, consider investing in heavy roofing materials or low-slope roof systems.
- Improper design: If you’re getting a new roof, invest in working with professional designers and roofing contractors. Even the best materials wouldn’t protect your home from improperly-designed roofs. Our consultants can make expert recommendations for your new roof and will be happy to work with your architect in providing the best roofing options for your home.
To learn more about our roof maintenance and repair services, call Crown Roofing today at (604) 210-6655, or fill out our contact form to schedule a free roof evaluation and estimate. We serve Vancouver and Surrey.