Have you planned your roof replacement project accordingly? Your choice of roofing contractor will do almost all of the work – from removing and disposing of your old roof to the installation of the new one. But there are a couple of things you can do to make sure the process goes on even more smoothly.
1. Cut the grass around your home. Following the roof replacement, a reliable contractor may start cleaning up the debris around your property. Roofers will also scan the ground for stray roofing nails, which can cause injury or damage lawn equipment if left overlooked. By trimming the grass on your property, you can make their search for these nails much easier.
2. Keep your driveway clear. A residential roofing installation will involve a number of people going to and from your property. Make sure to clear the driveway and garage of your vehicles: park them on the other side of the street. This not only makes the worksite more accessible to suppliers and the roofing crew; it also protects your vehicles from damage caused by fallen debris.
3. Talk to your neighbors. As a courtesy, inform your direct neighbors about the roof replacement. By warning them beforehand about the noise and possible mess flying into their yard – and taking measures to prevent any damage to their property – they’ll be more cooperative come installation day. This is especially crucial if your home and theirs are close, or you share a driveway.
4. Have your children and pets stay somewhere else. The last thing you want is your kids or dog wandering into the worksite. Keep them safe by taking them to a relative or close friend in the meantime.
5. Protect your interiors. This means taking down any wall hangings, such as mirrors, pictures or loose shelving, and covering furniture with plastic sheets to protect them from dust and debris. Secure your windows by having your roofer place wooden boards over them. Make sure your glasses, dishes, plates and other breakables aren’t touching the wall or each other. This protects them from the vibration caused by the hammering of shingles onto the roof.
Aside from roof maintenance, Crown Roofing can handle your replacement needs. We’ll make sure the work goes on smoothly when you choose us for the job. We serve Surrey and Vancouver, BC, along with the surrounding areas. Call us today at (604) 370-6288, or fill out this contact form to schedule your roof evaluation.